Job: Financial Controller
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + bonus + benefits
My client is a successful and dynamic provider of services into the financial sector. As part of their growth strategy they are seeking to bolster their finance function with the appointment of a Financial Controller.
Key duties include:
- As the most senior finance individual in the organisation work closely with the Managing Director to ensure an effective finance function that supports the broader business objectives
- Complete a full review of current finance systems, process and personnel and identify areas for improvement.
- Overall responsibility for producing the management accounts and financial reports for the Company.
- Ensure audit compliance.
- Develop a range of KPIs to measure financial performance.
- Manage the company’s payroll.
The ideal candidate will be a highly driven financial leader, able to deal in the detail of accounting, whilst seeing the big picture of the business to drive the strategic vision in the right direction. You will play a pivotal role in driving improvements to the financial performance of the business.
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional qualification (ACA / ACCA / ACMA / CIMA) with an exceptional track record.
- Broad financial management experience with ideally exposure in financial services or a broader service sector i.e. legal, accountancy.
- Man-management experience
- Pro-active mentality.
- Experience of operating autonomously and making decisions.
T his is a position that will evolve and develop with the view that the candidate will be a key part of the senior management team and potentially capable of future progression. This represents an excellent opportunity for a forward thinking and career focused individual who is keen to progress in a like-minded organisation.
If you feel you have the qualities we seek, please forward your CV and covering letter indicating your current package to Ian Miller at GEM Partnership or for a discreet call our Newcastle office.
GEM Partnership are acting as an employment agency on this recruitment project.