Eastbourne, East Sussex
Permanent, Full Time
Harvey John is working closely with an expanding specialist business on sourcing an experienced and confident accounts professional to help ensure the effective management and development of their busy finance function. This organisation is experiencing strong year on year growth and building upon its long-standing client base and solid reputation across the South East.
This is a new vacancy that has arisen due to company growth and which will report directly to a qualified Finance Director. The role would suit a determined individual who is looking for the opportunity to add value to an ambitious company and take on further strategic level responsibilities as they continue to grow.
Overview of duties:
- Day to day management of accounts function including sales ledger, credit control and purchase ledger.
- Direct management of Accounts Assistant who assists with the above. Also overseeing the wider finance team and supervising them in the Finance Director's absence.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and analysis.
- VAT returns.
- Overseeing payroll.
- Development of the finance function through suggesting improvements and refining processes.
- Assisting the Finance Director with ad hoc analysis duties.
- Assisting in developing the wider finance team.
- Qualified Accountant.
- Relevant accounting experience.
- Strong Excel skills to include pivot tables and vlookups.
- Bright, enthusiastic self-starter who is ready for a challenging and engaging role.
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy.
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.