RattrayParkin are recruiting for a highly capable and experienced Financial Controller to join a small but expanding SME business based near Loughborough.
Due to impressive growth and a large amount of corporate investment, the business has created this new role. Reporting to the FD, you will support a small but inexperienced finance team as well as supporting M&A activity and developing the existing processes and procedures.
Ideally, you will have some construction or housing experience, as you need an understanding of stage payments and the importance of progress payments.
Key elements of the role will be:
- Day-to-day management of the company’s finance function, including supervising the work of the Finance Team (5).
- Production of monthly management accounts and management reporting
- P&L reporting
- Budgets and forecasts
- M&A support - merging acquisitions into finance
- Management of systems and procedures ensuring control measures are in place to remove risk to the business
- Statutory accounts and year-end duties
- Development of existing finance team
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA
- Strong technical skills
- Process driven
- Familiar with internal controls
- Commercial acumen
- Ideally 6-8 years PQE
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Effective communicator
- Engaging and able to lead and influence others
The business is going through an exciting period of growth and has a 10-year plan in place. It is benefitting from substantial external plc funding. This role will help guide the existing finance team through a period of change, review current controls and processes and support M&A integrations. You will be working in a professional services business who have an autonomous management style and require a candidate who can work with minimal supervision.
- Financial Controller
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job