Financial Controller for a £20 million T/O SME business based in Redditch.
Your new company
We are recruiting for an interesting manufacturing business based in Redditch. The company is the UK arm of a large multinational group with UK T/O of circa £20 million. The company are going through significant change and growth including implementing a new accountancy package.
Your new role
As Financial Controller you will control the the financial and management accounting function, to ensure accurate, meaningful and timely accounting procedures are consistently applied, and reported to Group.
Main duties include:
Monthly duties :
- Review of purchase reserves
- Update of HP and Loan balances, together with other balance sheet control accounts
- Accruals and prepayments for management accounts
- Review and analysis of overheads against budget
- Maintenance of asset register and depreciation charge for management accounts
- Review and computation of stock, including provisions
Other duties :
- Authorisation and transmission of payments
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly captured.
- Control and sign bank reconciliation
- Maintain cash forecast
- Preparing financial plans
- Work in partnership with the board of directors in creating and monitoring annual budgets
- Authorise and transmit weekly and monthly payroll
- Analyse cost effectiveness of expenditure
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly group returns.
- Prepare accounts for audit and act on the recommendations of external auditors
- Supervise and manage the finance accounting staff
- Quarterly submission of VAT return
- Organise, liaise with and negotiate business & fleet insurance
- Ensure site security and insurance contracts are in place and managed
- Control and monitoring of contract vehicle hire and leasing agreements
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an experienced hands on Financial Controller or looking to move into a Financial Controller role. You will be fully Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA. You will have experience working in a hands on SME environment and running a busy accounts function. The ideal candidate will also be able to communicate clearly and effectively and have some staff supervisory experience.
What you'll get in return
A stable and financially sound environment, working directly for the Managing Director. Generous basic, free parking, some flexibility over the hours worked and a generous benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job