SF Group are currently recruiting for Financial Controller for a construction company in Nottingham. This is a great company to join and really put their people at the heart of their business.
As the Financial Controller, you will be reporting into the Finance Director and coordinate the monthly reporting. The role will focus on the controlling, improving and developing the financial operations of the business.
- Supporting the Finance Director in the organisation of the Accounts Departments, taking action to solve problems where applicable
- Working closely with the Management Accountant to ensure all Group reporting is made to the issued timetable
- Responsible for the operation of the monthly salaries
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet and other account reconciliations
- Preparation and critical review of monthly overhead reporting
- Supports credit control reviews to ensure debts are recovered efficiently
- Supporting the Finance Director in the management of change within the accounting departments
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts and reporting the financial position to the Finance Director
- Producing financial year-end figures to an ETB level
- Developing/reviewing existing outputs and continuously looking for efficiencies
- Support Finance Director in the management of cash and cash forecasting
- Liaise with the auditors over tax and audit requirements
- Ad-hoc duties as required
You will be a qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with strong financial management and controls experience within a fast paced environment. You will ideally have previous experience of working in a construction or contracting environment. You will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as strong management and negotiating skills. You will be accurate with a high level of attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain broad exposure across the business in a role that offers hands on business involvement.
If this sounds like the role that you are looking for then please apply now for immediate consideration.