Our client, a high technology business based in Oxford, is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller professional to join their team asap
Position holder will be responsible for implementing and maintaining robust and rigorous financial and operational controls across the business, generating reports as and when required. The role will entail working with operational management, suppliers, commercial partners, external contractors and the Board to drive value from the day to day business and from Capital Investment Projects whilst highlighting potential areas of concern. The role will work closely with the Chief Finance Officer for strategic decision-making and project/spend evaluation and lower level business modelling.
ESSENTIAL MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducting regular reviews and evaluations identifying cost reduction opportunities.
- Managing and ensuring that the Company`s financial accounting, Company Secretarial including `cap` table) monitoring and reporting functions are up to date.
- Liaising with outsourced specialists including cashier, accounting and reporting teams and with external statutory organisations as required such as the Inland Revenue. Developing good contacts and working relationships with the fund raising bankers, insurers, auditors, shareholders and solicitors as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation;
- Manage and report on all invoicing activity including the costs of external contractors;
DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage purchase orders ensuring accuracy of cost and department codes;;
- Co - ordinate and maintain the database of Non-Disclosure Agreements, legal and due diligence;
- Some lower level admin and housekeeping functionality as well as the higher-level accounts work.
- Company Secretary administration and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, an ability to write concise coherent reports.
- Good interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels.
- Good working knowledge of Advanced Excel
- Accounting qualifications, or being able to demonstrate significant experience in an operational role.
- IT literate with a proven track record of working with financial IT systems
- Highly numerate, proactive, positive, strategic and analytical, with an ability to interpret and make recommendations from large amounts of data;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Financial Controller