Murray McIntosh are currently working with a leading independent investment business based in central London on the recruitment of a Financial Controller. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with the businesses executive team as they embark on an exciting period of growth.
In this position you will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Degree in Accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
The successful applicant will receive a basic salary between £45,000 to £50,000. Further benefits include a discretionary bonus, pension, private medical cover and a season ticket loan.