FRS Accountancy are currently assisting this international organisation in their search for a Financial Controller. This is a new position created with a view of strengthening the UK Finance Department in financial accounting and controllership.
Reporting to the European Finance Director, the Financial Controller will lead a team of accountants and finance support staff while taking full responsibility for the month end and statutory reporting, compliance and internal controls (SOX).
The Financial Controller will also act as a finance business partner and support other business units, departments and corporate office in the US.
• Full ownership of the month-end financial close process.
• Statutory reporting and filing.
• Tax reporting and compliance.
• Balance sheet and P&L reconciliations.
• SOX compliance.
• Development, implementation and maintenance of standard work processes.
• Coaching, mentoring and managing accounting and finance support staff.
• Business partnering for senior management, other departments and corporate office.
• Continuous evaluation and improvement of the finance systems and processes.
• A fully qualified accountant with ideally previous relevant post-qualification experience.
• Ideally, previous experience in staff management.
• Good technical knowledge of both, US and UK GAAP.
• Good all-round systems skills (SAP knowledge is an advantage).
• Hands-on approach and can-do attitude.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment.
• Highest level of personal and professional integrity and understanding of data protection principles.