Our clients represent an International School within Saudi Arabia (Eastern Province). We are currently recruiting a Financial Controller for the next academic year (August 2018).
Should you be interested in working in Saudi, please check the information below and apply if you meet the requirements below.
Our clients are looking for candidates who have qualified from a University from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia or South Africa.
Please note that our clients prefer to have a detailed CV outlining experience for the role of this position. We need all candidates to be currently acting a Financial Controller to apply.
The Financial Controller position is primarily responsible for ensuring accuracy and completeness of the Financial Accounts and providing accurate and timely financial reports. In addition, providing leadership-level support to the Director of Finance. As well as working closely with the Business Manager and Business Office team members.
Responsibilities of the role include: developing of cash management and forecasting systems; ensure compliance on statutory reporting; ensure compliance with quarterly and annual reporting; implement and maintain control over processes and procedures; prepare and revise budgets and forecasts.
The position will be full-time (220 work days) per academic year.
Developing cash management and forecasting systems:
- Prepare and revise monthly cash flow reports;
- Partner with AR / AP teams to understand cash flow inflow and call-out and identification of any organizational risk;
- Interpret cash flow forecasts and prepare investment proposals to the Director of Finance.
Ensure compliance with reporting:
- Prepare monthly financial reports, dashboards and other reports and analysis;
- Interpret financial results and partner with practice leader to identify trends and key drivers to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Direct the Annual Year-End audit with external auditors.
Implement and maintain control over processes and procedures:
- Develop key performance metrics and implement controls to ensure the Organization achieves its financial and operational goals;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Prepare and revise budgets:
- Liaise with budget holders to prepare and revise budgets and forecasts to ensure achievement of organizational and financial goals;
- Develop and maintain an effective budget system, currently developed in Excel.
- Oversee and ensure integrity of Financial systems;
- Any other duties as required by the Director of Finance
The candidate must possess high computer (Mac or PC) proficiency and high proficiency (or quickly train independently and demonstrate proficiency) using the following programs:
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project);
- MUST have exceptional strong advanced Excel skills. Preferably experience with programming (Visual Basic), macros and analyzing complex data;
- Must have experience with business process management software (ERP).
The candidate must demonstrate high proficiency in the following skills:
- Interpersonal, rapport, and relationship-building with colleagues, Administrators, and vendors/suppliers;
- Partnership and team building;
- Customer service;
- Time management;
- Project management;
- Creative problem-solving;
- Risk-based decision-making;
- Effective listening;
- Effective verbal and written communication;
- High attention-to-detail and accuracy;
- High organization;
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently;
- Ability to read, write, and speak Arabic fluently (preferred, but not required).
The ideal candidate is:
- A highly-experienced (5+ years) progressive experience in Financial Planning & Accounting and budgeting;
- A strong awareness of child protection and a commitment to ensure the safety of our students;
- Minimum education required: a bachelor’s degree in management accounting, strong preference given to candidates with an CPA or CMA;
- Honest, trustworthy, and demonstrates 100% confidentiality in receiving and safekeeping private information;
- A quick study who learns and then quickly demonstrates ability to apply learning;
- High attention to detail;
- Critical thinker and problem-solver;.
- An individual who regularly demonstrates initiative and is self-directed requiring minimal supervision.
- Works well with individuals of all levels;
- Possesses good business acumen and demonstrates professionalism at all times;
- Respectful, dedicated, and demonstrates a strong work ethic;
? Possesses an attitude of (and enjoys providing) service to others;
- Highly adaptable and flexible;
- Able to multi-task -or- change between tasks quickly;
- Able to prioritize workload effectively;
- Adept at managing time effectively to ensure completion of time-sensitive tasks within the required time frame;
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Our clients have a progressive pay structure that rewards you with annual pay increases up to a certain level as you develop in your role. We also provide for further reward past this point in the form of further pay increases based on exceptional performance.
Approximate salary scale is : Min: SAR 208,811 (£41,000)
Max: SAR 240,656 (£48,000)
If you meet the selection criteria, please submit the following in word document alongwith:
- Letter explaining suitability for consideration as Financial Controller;
- Resume´ of relevant qualifications and experience;
- Up to 3 contacts to serve as references, one of which must include your current supervisor(s) (Head of School), and previous supervisor.
A link to an online portfolio that provides additional examples of current experiences and skillsets is welcomed.
APPLY NOW !!!Please email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job