An interesting and unique business home to a group of companies that invest in projects fostering social, environmental and economic prosperity.
A mix of established companies and start-ups, with a strong and diverse portfolio of interests, including private equity, property, renewable energy, education, analytics and technology. You will need to be comfortable working in a busy and fast-paced environment and be able to "wear multiple hats" at anyone time. Managing a growing teams that is flexible to the business needs within the group.
This is an exciting new role within the finance team. Reporting into the FD, this is a fast paced, hands-on role covering all aspects of finance which will suit an ambitious individual.
The Financial Controller will support the FD in managing, leading and developing the finance department as the group grows.
- Management of all day to day accounting functions to ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded
- Responsibility for month end and year end procedures
- Production of group management accounts, including KPIs, commentary and variance analysis
- Cash management
- Responsibility for the accounting systems
- Overseeing the preparation of VAT and other statutory submissions
- Overseeing the preparation of statutory accounts for all group companies
- Liaison with, and coordination of external advisers e.g. tax, audit
- Developing and ensuring compliance with financial policies and controls
- Ad hoc financial analysis, including provision of financial support to strategic decision making and transactions
- Supporting the budgeting process
- Support the FD in business partnering with group companies
- Support the Group Finance Director in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with 5+ years post qualification experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Ability to deal with complex accounting problems
- Strong attention to detail with commercial acumen
- Desire to work in a diverse, fast paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable, able to cope with a "curve ball"
- Keen to influence the growth and development of the team
- Award-winning offices with a great range of on-site facilities and include parking with free lunch with café serving delicious, local, and organic food.
- Amazing benefits package that would be tailored to your needs
- Salary to be confirmed - but would not disapoint
- Flexible Approach
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job