As a result of a significant period of growth, Bath based Consumer Goods business is looking for an experienced and commercially focussed Finance Controller / Head of Finance with added operational experience.
The role centres around the management of a close knit Finance team and also oversees Operations.
The role will have many commercial aspects to it but will also require somone with an eye for detail for the day to day running.
- Be instrumental to the business planning process through the collation and control of annual budgets and forecast mechanisms, providing analysis and commercial commentary and recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure the production of accurate management information and analysis of KPIs throughout all the company’s operations by driving the introduction of new or enhanced reporting systems, taking ownership of implementation as appropriate.
- Produce year end accounts file to trial balance and manage effective relationships with external accountants, auditors and advisors.
- Responsible for effective working capital management.
- Provide detailed analysis of various company wide projects and processes in order to maximise income, efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure business and operational compliance with regulatory standards, customer and business partner procedures in preparation and anticipation of audits.
- Overseeing purchasing and imports to ensuring stock purchases are made to budget and to maximise stock turn whilst ensuring all deliveries are made on time and to individual customer requirements whether landed or FOB.
- Take responsibility for the performance and development of own office team ensuring high quality and timely support to the business and its goals.
- Working with the Warehouse Manager to be responsible for all warehousing operations, ensuring continual improvements in procedures, forward planning, efficiencies, performance and accuracy.
- Project lead the successful introduction of any software or other operational systems from assessment, planning and implementation.
- Oversee payroll and be responsible for the cost effective and effective provision of IT and communication systems with the business.
- Be a proactive and key member of the Management Team as well as offering a commercial perspective to the company owners.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience in stock management and imports preferably in a retail or wholesale environment.
- Understanding of international trade an advantage.
- At least 5-7 years experience as an FC within mid corporate.
- At least 5 years experience of direct management responsibility.
- Drive and ambitious for self and company
- Highly commercial with good all round business awareness.
- High attention to detail, process expert with knowledge of IT.
- Technical working knowledge of Sage 200 with advanced excel and data extraction skills.
- Effective manager, team player and role model.
- Ambitious for businesses and own success.
- Proactive self starter.
- Great communicator and positive contributor.
- Clear thinker and strategist.
- Enjoys a challenge and making continual improvements.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job