My client is seeking to recruit a qualified accountant to report direct to the Managing Director. You will be the lead finance person for the company, but you will be supported by a part-time Finance Director. You will need to possess strong management skills as you will be leading and managing a small but growing team. In addition, you will also have strong organisational and technical skills and proven track record within a manufacturing environment. This is a challenging and exciting role with a significant period of change and development of business systems and new software, so implementation experience will be a distinct advantage along with advanced Excel skills. Excellent prospects for advancement salary £40- £45,000 depending on experience.
- Production of monthly management accounts, including processing journals and accruals and investigating any variances
- Analysing month and year to date performance, reporting on any variances to budget and forecast
- Preparing Management and Board reports clearly identifying successes and key risks of the business
- Reviewing costs to identify cost savings, leading the improvement measures.
- Management of cash flow
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns and monthly Intrastat and EC sales returns
- Overseeing weekly and monthly payroll
- Preparing budgets and forecasts and liaising with budget holders
- Responsible for the creation of finance policies
- Improvement and monitoring of internal processes and controls
- Liaising with managers to ensure mutual awareness of issues, current developments and priorities of the company
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Management of Credit Control function
- Managing, mentoring and supporting the finance team