Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller based in Southend-On-Sea. Our client is a fast growing Start-Up who specialise in the Supply and Distribution of products to the Consumer Market.
This is a newly created position designed to directly assist the CFO with the implementation of stringent reporting processes and systems which will aid the ongoing growth of the business.
Typical Duties Include:
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the finance team
- Ownership for the timely and accurate production of monthly/quarterly management accounts
- Overseeing the production of P&L and Balance Sheets from the team and making any necessary adjustments
- Producing monthly/quarterly forecasts and budgets as well as preparing accompanying commentary to explain variances and comparison against actuals
- Presentation of financials on a monthly basis to Board of Directors and analysing performance
- Submission of Statutory Returns on a periodic basis including VAT and Tax Returns
- Preparation of annual Statutory Accounts and Year-End Financial Statements
- Directly assisting with Audit Schedule and acting as a point of contact for External Auditors
- Reviewing existing accounting systems
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will be ACCA/ACA or CIMA Qualified with experience of leading small finance teams with an SME environment. Candidates that can display a proven entrepreneurial background would be preferential as the business as plans to continue to grow and expand extensively.
As a result, the successful candidate will be rewarded with an incredibly competitive market salary, benefit package and opportunity to progress within their career.
Rutherford Briant are the Leading Quality Driven Accountancy & HR Specialists in East Anglia.
- Finance Manager
- Financial Controller
- Qualified Chartered Accountant