An exciting opportunity in a busy and growing team in a sector and business that is expanding. Team has potential to double in the next 12 months as structural changes increase work-flow into the department. So the ability to think what is needed now and in the future is key. Flexible and adaptable as things move forward.
Background and Exeperience:
- Qualified Accountant CIMA, ACA, ACCA with a minimum of 5 years PQE. Practice background would potentially be of interest - also happy to consider first move into industry if you are currently in practice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical experience with the ability to convert data into analysis/information which will enable users to understand business performance and make informed decisions.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to deal with complex accounting problems.
- Desire to work in a fast and diverse environment.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Duties and scope of the role:
- Production & presentation of accurate and high quality monthly management accounts including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow. Production of monthly account reconciliations and supporting schedules. Analysing month and year to date performance, reporting on variances to budget and forecast.
- Preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts in collaboration with budget holders and senior management. Contributing to the medium term business plan.
- Provide a high quality support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make finance decisions. Liaison with business managers to ensure mutual awareness of issues, current developments and priorities of the company.
- Preparation of the year-end financial statements, preparing the audit file and assuming the role of the onsite audit lead.
- Submission of financial information including financial performance, budget, forecast and tax data.
- Coordination and oversight of the SSC providing financial services and support.
- Oversight and responsibility for the effective delivery of the tasks performed by the SSC, ensuring compliance with the finance policies and controls.
- Coordination and oversight of compliance with the internal and external deadlines of the SSC including those relating to month end financial reports, budget and forecasts, cash management, payment processing and statutory/regulatory declarations and returns.
- Management and support of the Shared Service finance staff, to include mentoring, training and development of staff to ensure effective overall performance of the department.
- Coordinating of the onsite statutory audit process.
- Identify and make recommendations to the financial reporting process. Use of computer systems to maximize processing efficiency and implement agreed improvements where beneficial.Undertake other finance tasks as required from time to time to assist in the general functioning of the department.
This outlines the duties required for the time being to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exclusive list and duties may be varied from time to time, which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job