Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Financial Controller in Braintree. This role requires the post holder to produce monthly management accounts, manage the Accounts staff and liaise with Group. This is an encompassing role which offers broad exposure both internally and externally. As part of a larger organisation this could lead to future progression and development.
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Provide analysis of the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet accounts for review by the Head of Finance.
- Post payroll journal and ensure control accounts are reconciled.
- Own the monthly suite of management reports including: Overheads Analysis, Contract Profitability Report, Headcount Report and Product Sales Meeting pack.
- Compute sales commission for both Service Sales and Product Sales departments.
- Be the primary contact with the bank, insurance-related matters and hire car companies.
- Produce the monthly, quarterly and annual reports for company including: Day 1 Sales Bridge, Day 5 Sales Bridge, Balance Sheet Bridge, Headcount Bridge, UK/US GAAP adjustments & reforecast P&L.
- Liaise with departmental managers re accounting issues.
- Manage debtors and creditors.
- Supervise bank accounts, surplus funds, and projected cash flows.
- Budget for and monitor expenditure.
- Liaise with HMRC and external auditors.
- Manage accounts department team and run appraisals.
- Supervise production of UK & German Intrastat reports, and UK & German VAT returns Develop working knowledge of European VAT/duty/import issues.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified and have experience of a similar role. You will also have had exposure of communicating with all levels within the business and managing a small team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job