Based in Uckfield
Up to £50,000
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an amazing job opportunity for a Financial Controller to join an established and leading SME organisation in the Uckfield area on a permanent contract.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Finance team and delivering high performance, continuous improvement and excellent financial analysis to the business.
Duties will include the following:
- Management of the month-end financial reporting process to ensure management accounts are produced in a timely manner and all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Production of Group consolidated financial statements including the detailed monthly management accounts and associated financial reports for each Group company.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts and review monthly cash forecasts setting out key assumptions, sensitivities and commentary on variances to previous forecasts; Developing reports and analyses that are crucial to the management of the business.
- This role will work both with the finance teams and other users within the business to implement this.
- Introducing an annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Work with external providers of legal, accounting, audit and other professional advice, especially to ensure the compliance and filing of Statutory Financial Statements to Companies House and corporate tax returns to HMRC.
- Assisting purchase and sales ledger with managing workload and introducing new processes. Motivate manage and inspire the finance team.
- Responsible for Insurance policies. To assess and mitigate commercial and insurance risks and to be the key point of contact with the brokers.
- Professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Excellent communication and proven leadership skills
- Experience of delivering detailed reports and advice to senior management
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to rapidly interpret, concisely explain and act on complex information
- The ability to anticipate change and adapt to new situations and issues to exploit potential opportunities
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, 25 days Holiday, Parking, Pension and Life Assurance, along with a friendly, team orientated working environment.
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward! Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.
- Finance Manager
- Financial Controller
- Financial Reporting