Financial Controller - Wednesfield
Job Title: Financial Controller
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 depending upon experience
At Tim Hortons, we believe that you shouldn't have to compromise. Whether you want a hot freshly-prepared breakfast on the way to work served with our smooth, delicious coffee; a great choice of freshly prepared sandwiches, soups or chilli for lunch, or one of our famously irresistible donuts for a sweet afternoon treat, Tim Hortons is the place to visit.
An iconic 50 year-old brand in Canada, Tim Hortons is off to a great start as we take on the competitive UK market place. After unprecedented media interest in the national launch in Spring 2017 and a fanatical social media following from Tim’s fans across the UK, it is no surprise the first store is a roaring success and we’re now at 15 sites.
One of the positions we need to fill as we look towards a busy 2018 is a Financial Controller.
Financial Controller Role Responsibilities
- As we look ahead to a busy expansion plan across the country, we are looking for enthusiastic, open-minded and driven people to join us on the journey. Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment
- Several years of experience in Financial Reporting
- Interpersonal skills
- Honesty; integrity; reliability
- Organisational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of data privacy standards & GDPR
- Knowledge of Sage 50/100 and Sage Snowdrop
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- ACCA Qualified
If you’d like to join us as we bring this much love Canadian brand to the UK get in touch NOW!!
- Annual Reports
- Financial Controller
- Financial Reporting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job