Financial Controller (Retail)
Up to £60,000 DOE + Excellent Benefits including Car Allowance or Company Car and Life assurance scheme
Our client is a very successful national business committed to delivering service excellence. An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Financial Controller to join their team.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who have a strong commercial acumen alongside their accountancy expertise, ideally with experience from within a Retail or FCMG environment.
As the Financial Controller, you will operate on the retail executive team and attend the retail executive meetings to report on and support the financial development of the retail business. This will include the responsibility to provide analysis and financial modelling, to challenge and support the strategic decision making process.
You will be working very closely with the Retail General Managers across the country. It is therefore essential that you are willing to travel on a regular basis and be away for occasional overnight stays.
Working efficiently at all times, you’ll look after all standard reporting and manage the annual budget process and forecasts throughout the financial year.
In the role of Financial Controller you will regularly carry out presentations in front of the Commercial team, and present performance updates to retail operations and procurement teams, retail executive team and the board. Good presentation skills are therefore key in this position.
Other duties will include:
- Produce financial models and profit projections
- Work as part of the project teams responsible for the capital projects
- Support, coach and develop members of the retail finance team
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, you must:
- Be a Qualified Accountant with at least 7 years post qualified experience in a demanding diverse commercial organisation.
- Commercially astute with the ability to operate as a Financial Business Partner
- Have demonstrable ability to operate within a fast-paced broad role covering everything from business partnering with finance and operational stakeholders
- Be able to operate within a complex environment where systems and procedures may not always support the agility of the business needs
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
To apply for the role of Financial Controller (Retail), please simply send your CV and a covering letter via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Accountancy Resourcing Group. The services advertised by Accountancy Resourcing Group are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Financial Controller, Financial Business Partner, Senior Qualified Accountant, Senior Cost Accountant, Accountancy, Accounts, Accountant, Financial Accountant, Accountancy Manager, Finance, Financial
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job