Our client is a large & highly reputable employer with a long-standing presence across Cumbria, currently looking to appoint an ACA/CA Qualified Accountant to work within their senior finance team based in Carlisle.
This is a newly created role to support the Head of Finance and lead elements of financial accounting and reporting including group consolidation, statutory reporting, budgeting and forecasting, as well as undertaking a business partnering role.
The successful appointee will be the link between finance and business leaders; providing insightful information to support commercial decisions and developing key relationships across the business.
- Ensure accounting records for the company and its subsidiaries are maintained in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner, with full compliance to company controls and procedures.
- Preparation of management information and financial statements
- Leading the preparation of the budgets and forecasts
- Work with, support and challenge business unit managers through the provision of insightful performance measures.
- Challenge proposed and existing practices (e.g. procedures, policies, strategy) to assist the improvement/development of the business and achievement of business objectives.
- Ensure adherence to the Group reporting timetable.
- Support the preparation of statutory accounts and pension schemes.
- Completion of corporation tax returns.
- Support the Head of Finance with adhoc financial reporting and special projects as required.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance in their absence
- Deliver effective control of risks within your business area by regularly reviewing risk and controls.
Qualification, skills and experience required:
- Applicants should be a minimum of recently qualified ACA/CA through to 1-2 years PQE, in practice or industry.
- A degree in Accountancy or similar is desirable.
- Strong technical accounting ability, corporation tax experience desirable.
- Excellent Excel and systems experience.
- Confident personality with demonstrative leadership ability
- Ability to engage and collaborate with various people across the business, taking ideas and suggestions and developing these into financial models and calculations
- Continuous improvement mentality and forward thinking; identifying new ideas and initiating changes as required.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary range £34,000 - £40,000 + Contributory Company Pension + 3 x annual salary (DIS).
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Hours of work are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday, with an excellent 'flexible working hours’ system in operation. Further details available on request.
- This is a full-time permanent role; however 4 days would be a consideration for the right person.
Please apply via this link or contact us directly for an informal discussion.
We are looking to speak to suitable applicants asap, with the aim of confirming interviews with the Head of Finance later this month (October). Latest start date anticipated February 2019.
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Analysis
- Commercial Accounts
- Group Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'