Financial Controller - Real Estate. Our Client is a pan-European real estate investment and development team, with offices across several offices. They have expanded rapidly in the last few years and are a market leader in commercial real estate development. Due to this rapid growth, they are now looking to take on a Financial Controller in a new office in The Netherlands.
The role: Reporting to the Head of Group Accounting, you will be primarily responsible for compliance of statutory reporting of individual entities with local accounting and tax regulations.
The duties will be as follows (though not limited to):
- Preparing regular statutory accounts.
- Managing and performing monthly, quarterly and year end closings to ensure timely IFRS reporting in accordance with corporate deadlines.
- Preparing annual CITR and monthly, quarterly and annual VAT returns.
- Ensuring that tax and accounting practices comply with statutory requirements.
- Managing day-to-day accounting activities for allocated entities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel expenses, banking processes, PPE …
- Ensuring all assigned account reconciliations are prepared and reviewed accurately and submitted in line with corporate criteria.
- Assisting in quarterly balance sheet reviews and prepares variance analysis as necessary.
- Providing relevant information to internal customers, auditors and tax authorities.
The person must be an experienced accountant with at least 5-8 years of working in a group level accounting role. Understanding key business models and month end tasks is important, also proactively seeking to improve and simplify processes where necessary. The incumbent must have a strong understanding and experience of the local tax regulations and structures. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of accounting standards as well as the ability to set up systems and teams. It will be advantageous if you have real estate experience and speak Dutch however, this is not a prerequisite. Solid communication, management and leadership skills are a must as part of this busy and new function. They are looking for someone to help grow and oversee the accounting function in the Netherlands.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
- Financial Controller
- Real estate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job