Morgan McKinley are currently supporting a bespoke construction business near the Lewes area, in their need to appoint a qualified Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
Our client is a specialist and niche construction business with a long withstanding reputation. Privately owned, allowing for the entrepreneurial-ship culture to be enforced. This is a business operating in high end, sought after properties with a high demand.
Reporting into the board, your duties will include;
- Leading the finance operations on a day to day basis, maximising on the opportunities to grow the business, managing expenditure and operational costs and mitigating any financial risks for the organisation
- Hands on approach will be required, as you will put together the monthly management accounts, advising the business on the budget vs actual, any variances and commentaries
- Managing 1 direct report
- Management of the cash management position, including regular cash flow forecasts
- Working with the existing banking and lending relationships and identifying new business opportunities
- Leading on the taxation aspects for the business, working with the auditors, building an effective relationship
The ideal candidate will need to be fully qualified. You would ideally have an SME background or specifically construction experience to be considered. A hands on approach is required, so a complete team player mentality is paramount.
This is an opportunity to take the lead and control of the finance function. Create a department to your liking, working with entrepreneurial individuals, looking to directly influence the growth and performance of the company.
The salary on offer will be between£50,000-£60,000 depending on experiences plus discretionary bonus.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.