Financial Controller No 1 in Finance
Steamer Trading are the market leading specialist cookshop retailer with 42 stores nationally and two e-commerce sites with a turnover of around £30m. Their head office and finance team are based in Lewes.
Role Following the streamlining of operations the business is looking to appoint a Financial Controller to manage the finance function and its service to the business helping to drive profits and cashflow. Reporting to the CEO/MD owner you will be responsible for delivering interpreted MI and commercial support to the senior management team. The role is supported by a Payroll Assistant and an Accounts Manager and their staff(2.5 FTE). We are looking for candidates who have a recognised accountancy qualification or QBE. You may have worked for an SME business and must be willing to get involved in all aspects of financial management.
- Develop MI to assist the senior management team drive the business forward.
- Manage and motivate the finance team in a demanding retail environment.
- Develop budget, forecast and business model.
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability through shop and cost analysis.
- Manage audit process and accounts production
- Provide Company Secretarial, insurance, HR and other ad hoc support and analysis.
- Providing required information to the Board and Banks/funders.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified Accountant or QBE
- Excellent Excel skills
- Developed and delivered MI to business including monthly and annual accounts.
- Commercial approach to driving profitability.
- Staff management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Stock experience
- Experience with sage or similar PC accounting system
- Experience of producing management accounts in excel via download from system.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious accountant keen to make a substantial difference to Steamer. This is an excellent opportunity to head up the finance team to help drive Steamer Trading forward.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"