SF Engineering is established in providing customised food processing and packaging solutions which create added value, helps to maintain competitive advantage and increases overall efficiency and profits for our customers’ within the food industry. SF is committed to delivering high quality solutions, equipment and after sales care to global food companies.
If you are interested in joining an exciting company within Europe’s largest industry then SF Engineering may be right for you. As a leading manufacturer of products and solutions for the food industry, a career at SF is beyond what you'd expect. At SF we realise that our employees are one of the keys to our success. We look for individuals who share our passion to succeed. As a leader in our field, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available at our UK site in Cambridgeshire, including a Financial Controller.
A business focused, progressive Financial Controller is required to manage, coordinate and deliver all finance responsibilities for the SF UK site ensuring production of accurate and timely finance information, including the production of accounts, budgeting, forecasting and financials with the aim of improving performance and capability of the company.
The Financial Controller will play a key role in the SF UK business and knowledge of the manufacturing industry is essential. This is an exciting and challenging position for an ambitious accountant keen to work with Senior Management across sites in the UK and Ireland, within a fast paced, hugely ambitious business.
Essential responsibilities include :
This is a highly visible and critical role within the UK site and the desire to get involved and contribute in Operations is essential:
- Directly responsible for planning, directing and controlling the financial and administrative function for SF UK
- Over-see day to day operations (to the extent that they affect budgets and financial management) across the company and monitor actual versus planned output on a weekly/monthly basis
- Work with the management team to develop solutions for day to day problems - such solutions should enable the company to enhance its lean activities
- Work with the management team to understand variances between planned and actual output/results
- Approve the implementation plan, presented by management, for addressing such variances and monitor progress against such plans
- Lead and develop the finance team
- Lead and manage the budgeting process
- Overall cash management on an ongoing basis, including reporting cashflow forecasts to SF Ireland on a weekly basis.
- Formulation of annual budgets and targets
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems
- Work with senior team to grow the business by formulating strategies and plans
- Preparation and submission of weekly and monthly reports, as relevant to the management team
- Presentation of annual accounts with recommendations, including related audit file
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts on a timely basis, including the reporting and investigation of variances and outlining of any suggested recovery plans required
- All treasury related matters
- Capital expenditure - evaluation of submissions
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met including HMRC and the Companies House
- In conjunction with SF Ireland, design the company's financial policies, rules and regulations, and makes sure that departments adhere to them.
- Preparation of SF UK finance key performance indicators and all relevant management information
- Principal operational contact with the UK business’ bank and all other relevant external parties
- Management of cost base (e.g. vehicles, insurances, expenses)
- Processing of payroll, supplier payments, HMRC returns
- Management and input of invoices and expense related documentation, accurate input and verification of data into the Company’s accounts system, management of daily transactions, credit control
- Work with outsourced IT third parties to implement finance systems/processes and technologies as required for the UK site
- Professional accounting qualification and a minimum of 3/5 years of post-qualification experience in engineering/manufacturing desirable
- In depth SAGE experience essential
- Strong Microsoft office package (word, excel, PowerPoint) essential
- Able to operate effectively in a high volume and fast paced engineering manufacturing operation
- Experience of Budgets and Financial controls
- Ability to work diplomatically and confidentially in an environment of margin control
- Experience instigating, managing and delivering projects both inside the finance department and throughout operations
- Ability to build multiple relationships at different levels
- Strong communication, analytical, and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Thorough understanding of accounting and impact on the day to day business
- Professional, confident and mature approach
- Flexibility with working hours is essential to achieve specific internal and external deadlines
- Some travel (national and International) and overnight stays may be required
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Financial Controller
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"