Our Client is a growing manufacturing business on the outskirts of Cardiff, currently facing unprecedented levels of growth. It forms part of a UK Plc.
The site has recently received significant capital investment in new machinery, and the integration of equipment from another UK plant, with the goal of establishing the Cardiff facility as a world class manufacturing site within the next few years.
Due to career progression, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a career hungry and highly driven Financial Controller to form part of the Senior Management Team.
As the Financial Controller you will thrive to have a positive impact on an already successful and profitable business. Reporting to the Site Managing Director, you will have proven accounting experience in a manufacturing/industrial/engineering environment but as well as this you will have strong technical acumen.
The Financial Controller will provide leadership for the Finance function in producing timely strategic and operational financial data to support the business plan and the evolving needs of the business. The role will involve management of a team of four motivated individuals. The Financial Controller will be an integral part of the Senior Management team who are focussed on business performance improvement and strategy implementation to meet long term sustainable sales/profit growth.
- Lead and manage the finance team in line with company standards
- Ensure that all financial reporting is conducted in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the management team as a business partner to assist with all key business decisions
- Drive business improvements across the site in line with the company strategy
- Bachelor Degree Qualified in a suitable discipline or equivalent industrial experience
- Qualified accountant from a recognised professional body - preference for either CIMA/ACA/ACCA with minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience (preferably in a B2B industrial / manufacturing environment)
- Previous experience of a managing a Finance team is highly desirable
- Lead and manage the Finance Team for the company
- Preparation of Business' finance budget and strategic plans
- Provide monthly financial reports and commentary
- Work with the management team to support business development activity and expansion
- Build close links with the Operations and Sales functions and broader teams to develop, implement and control the regional plans in support of the Group’s overall strategy
- Work with colleagues to develop and implement analysis based investment decisions in allocating both capital and operational resources
- Carry on the required activities in support of the Group Business Systems Director to improve and leverage the local existing ERP system and any subsequent changes or roll out of the Group wide ERP to enhance commercial decision making
- Be a driver of change in significantly enhancing financial control in the region through adoption and adherence to the Group’s Minimum Internal Control Standards
- Work with the Group Finance function (colleagues in other regions/Business Units/group) to develop and implement the finance functional strategy which is aimed at improving the service offered by finance to the business
- Manage routine financial activities including monthly management accounts and financial reporting and financial control within the business
- Review people and processes within the Finance function. Ensure that best practice is adopted to establish a faster, more efficient service with a 'right-first-time’ concept
- Financial Analysis and Modelling of proposals (e.g. Capital Expenditure, new contracts, acquisitions, disposals, restructuring etc.)
- Responsibility for the Finance Department, including production of monthly Management Accounts, Annual Financial Accounts (including Statutory Accounts & legal entity requirements relating to treasury & taxation).
- Carry out any reasonable task that is required by the Company
- Fosters an environment of accountability & discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment with multiple on-going short/long term tasks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with sound business judgement.
- Highly commercial outlook, comfortable focusing on enhancing performance and identifying opportunities for improved efficiency and margin improvement.
- Strong influencer and ability to work as an individual or as part of a team
- Highly visible, 'hands-on’ management style, keen to be involved with all aspects of business operation, bringing advice, opinions and willing to challenge existing practices
- Ability to switch readily between strategic thinking and operational detail
- Language Skills: Fluent English (Essential)
- Excellent IT skills with high proficiency in MS Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project), Lotus, etc.
- Excellent ERP systems & process understanding
- A self-starter with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and direction
- Embraces and is motivated by change
- High ethics and values
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job