Potensis is one of the leading headhunting firms in the construction and property recruitment industry. We have dedicated the past 18 years to training and development, as a result of this, all of our directors and senior management have grown through the business to their current roles. We are a client focused organisation, committed to finding the highest calibre people for permanent and interim positions. Our business model is based on a professional approach using our specialist consultants to provide a recruitment service that is both relevant and responsive
About the role:
You will be heading up the whole of the Finance function in our London office and overseeing the Payroll and credit control function for the whole business. The Ideal candidate must be able to be strong in efficient in all aspects of running a team, from man management, budgeting & forecasting as well as being able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial mind set in this fast paced industry as well as being bright, articular and commercially strong, whilst keeping out a keen eye for detail.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Control development, operation and delivery of all regulatory and compliance requirements, to include filing of statutory and tax returns.
- Prepare all financial reporting, including management and statutory accounts, budgeting and forecasting.
- Produce weekly management information and KPIs.
- Maintain up to date overhead cost analysis.
- Monitor cash flow and funding availability, including production of regular forecasts.
- Oversee all fiscal and fiduciary duties including corporate tax, VAT, etc.
- Calculate and process internal company payroll, prepare and submit payroll returns to HMRC.
- Manage purchase ledger and payment of supplier invoices.
- Manage the relationship with external advisors, to include audit, tax and legal.
- Manage banking relationships and oversee funding requirements.
- Complete and file statutory returns.
- Maintain the nominal ledger and chart of accounts, including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and process employee expense claims.
- Manage the company pension scheme.
- Administer company credit cards.
- Other ad-hoc projects, working with other members of the Finance team, as and when required.
Required skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Previous experience of producing management accounts and cash flow forecasting / analysis essential.
- Working knowledge of payroll processing including PAYE and National Insurance.
- An understanding of the Construction Industry Scheme would be an advantage.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- SME experience preferred.
- Exposure to a high volume payroll and credit control is desirable.
- Willing to challenge the status quo and generate ideas for improvement.
Overall, you must be an excellent communicator, possess a target-orientated attitude, be willing to get stuck in and roll up your sleeves, and enjoy working as part of a small but busy team.
If you feel you meet the requirements of this role please apply below.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'