Financial Controller (Freight & Logistics)
Up to £60k + Great Prospects
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive .co.uk or join us on twitter at twitter.c om/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
We are delighted to be representing our client, a medium sized Freight Forwarding specialist providing national delivery & collections services in their search for an experienced Finance Controller.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day accounting & finance duties where you will look to apply sound commercial finance judgement to aide the future development and growth of a small network of distribution centres across the UK in a number of ways, both financial and operational.
Essential purpose of the role:
This is a hands-on role & will appeal to anyone who has worked in a financial capacity in a SME. You will be highly visible & communicate with people across the business face to face on all matters financial. The business is in urgent need of sound financial analysis, budgeting, managing, reporting & influencing. Whilst the wider business performs well the overall P&L needs to reviewed & analysed closely to set budget’s ahead. It is envisaged that this role will eventually lead to a move upwards on to the senior management team.
- Ensure costs & expenditure is reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- Managing a team of 4 including credit control, purchasing & admin.
- Hands approach to capital expenditure & negotiations
- Analyse and identify areas of improvement that affect the cost base especially on labour, fuel & other key areas.
- Challenge Senior Managers on operational expenditure, costs & budgets
- Identify areas of financial weakness in the business & follow through with solutions
- Will put in processes to analyse financial trends in real time
- Operate in a flexible and responsive way to the business needs.
- Resolves issues with commercial operations
- Works efficiently and calmly tight deadlines
- Oversees financial KPI’s
- Work with SAGE but also help in setting up a new financial system
The ideal Candidate:
This role would suit someone who is used to a great deal of autonomy in either a Commercial Finance Manager’s role or as a Financial Controller role.
- Will be comfortable in a hands on & visible role
- Proven Financial background covering all aspects of accountancy, finance & reporting
- Strong financial KPI background
- Highly proactive, energetic & driven to achieve success
- Proven commercial awareness
- Experienced Negotiator
- Fantastic numeracy skills
- Strong analytical skills?
- Excellent related IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
We look forward to you application.
- Credit Control
- Financial Controller
- Financial Background
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job