Financial Controller (FMCG Food & Drink Manufacturing)
Adjacency Executive Search is retained by an established and growing UK FMCG food manufacturer to resource a high performing Financial Controller to work alongside the Finance Director and Senior Leadership Team.
With a reputation built on quality-driven, traditional brands, innovative new product development, and third-party production, they are well placed for continued growth during this next phase of their continued progress.
Reporting to, and working closely with the established Finance Director, the successful candidate will manage the financial processes across the business, including monthly reporting and analysis, cash management, budgeting and forecasting, and group year-end accounts. The Financial Controller also needs to have significant IT system experience, ideally with systems implementation and development experience.
Managing and developing an established finance team of 5, the Financial Controller will also work closely with the FD and other senior management on strategic projects aimed at strengthening the business to secure continued profitable growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business, offering personal development and progression opportunity for the right individual.
Their Head Office is based in Devon, where you will need to be for 3 days a week, so the ability to travel / live away is essential. There will be other travel to operational sites in the UK when required. Otherwise, you may be home-based.
If you would prefer to move nearer the Head Office, they will also offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities for the Financial Controller:
- Manage, develop, and grow the financial accounting team
- Work closely with the Finance Director and deputise for when necessary
- Oversee timely and accurate preparation of accounts
- Manage the year-end audit process and preparation of statutory accounts
- Responsibility for the business IT systems - both infrastructure and applications.
- Develop and maintain the forecasting models (P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow)
- Oversee treasury and capital asset management
- Operate as a key contact with the company auditors, bank, and IT systems providers
- Provide high-level financial analysis to all department heads
- Work closely with heads of functions as a key business partner, helping to drive profitability and a greater financial awareness
- Oversee standard costing processes
- Support in project modeling around investment evaluation
Person Specification for the Financial Controller:
- Qualified accountant with 4 years+ post qualified experience within an FMCG (preferably Food or Drink) manufacturing environment
- A strong can-do, positive mindset
- Proven IT management experience, ideally including a system implementation process
- Strong character and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of SQL, MS Query, and Crystal Reports would be advantageous
- Hands-on with attention to detail
- Ideally, some experience of managing foreign exchange transactions
- Comfortable sitting and contributing at the top table
If you believe you have the requisite skills, background, and qualifications for this exciting Financial Controller role, please forward your CV and current package details to our retained consultants, Adjacency Executive Search.
- Cash Management
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Controller
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'