Purpose: To lead an efficient and cost-effective Finance operation, provide financial input to the Founder and the Board of Directors on both day to day matters and in supporting the strategic growth of the business.
Responsible to: Founder, Managing Director and Board of Directors.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and strategically minded Financial Controller to join an independent, design-led house builder. This role will suit a commercially minded FC with the ability to run an efficient operation as well as having input at a senior level within the business.
Working closely with the Founder and the Board of Directors, the successful FC will take full ownership of the day to day running of the finance function and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting into the board.
Personal characteristics/ qualifications and skills:
- A professionally qualified accountant with considerable post qualification experience in a senior commercial accounting role, ideally within the house-building and construction sector.
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified.
- Strong system skills, ideally COINS and good Excel.
- Excellent management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly numerate with strong IT and financial analysis skills, coupled with the ability to interpret data and assess impacts on the business.
- Experience of managing budgets/cost control, and planning and organising work to meet targets.
- Previous experience of managing and developing staff.
- Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A motivational team-leader focused on managing, coaching and developing the team to achieve their full potential.
- Take responsibility for all financial management and reporting.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts & commentary.
- Manage and develop the finance team.
- Manage payment processing to ensure an accurate and timely service.
- Oversee the preparation of the company's financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time, showing projected revenues, costs, funding requirements and operational targets.
- Business planning with the Senior Management Team.
- Implement / improve processes and controls.
- Financial Controller
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job