Financial Controller - Central Government
Salary - £52,899 - £60,805
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading Government Department as a financial controller. The department has hugely important strategic objectives across a number of areas, of which the successful candidate will be helping to reach. The role is based in the central Financial Accounting and Control team with a number of key responsibilities:
- Management of the Core Department’s Statement of Financial Position (balance sheet) including regular and robust reconciliations and provision of challenge to unsupported entries in order to provide assurance to the Finance Director, Head of Financial Accounting & Control, Audit and Risk Committee and NAO that the Department have robust processes in places and are in control of its Financial Position.
- Line Management of 3 staff.
- Managing the Department’s cash position and requirements, including reporting to HM Treasury, adherence to Net Cash Requirement limits and effective and robust reporting.
- Leading and managing the relationship and contract with the shared service provider in the provision of the finance system.
- Lead in the development of internal financial processes, work with Internal Audit in identifying weaknesses and risks and lead in the mitigation of these.
- Lead on the NAO relationship and engagement in respect of the audit of the Core Department including receipt, responses to, development and application of action plans in respect of the Core Audit Management Letter.
- Qualified accountant with 3 years+ experience in a large Finance team
- Understanding and management of complex accounting systems
- Development and delivery of process improvements
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of producing Accounts (particularly helpful if within Central Government)
- Demonstrable staff leadership skills
For more information about this role please get in touch.
- Financial Reporting
- qualified accountant
- financial controller
- central government
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job