Head of Finance
Based in Brighton & Hove
£40,000 - £65,000 pro rota subject to experience
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an exciting job opportunity for a Head of Finance to join a growing SME business in the Brighton & Hove area on a part time, permanent contract.
The Head of Finance will report to and work closely with the MD to ensure the provision of accurate financial management information to the Board and Senior Management Team. They will oversee all the financial controls of the company and will have the day to day operational control of the Finance team, currently comprising of one Office Administrator.
Your duties will include:
- Prepare the monthly consolidated management accounts
- Ensure accounts and reporting are in line with required accounting standards
- Check and prepare quarterly VAT return, including reconciliation of used sales and returns
- Work with the company accountants to finalise audited YE accounts to deadline
- Finalise and sign off monthly financial KPI reports
- Ensure monthly budgets are communicated and controlled
- Monitor and forecast cash flows
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Accruals and prepayments
- Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Overseeing payroll for 60 staff
- Involvement in expanding and growing the business the best possible financial way
- Management accounting experience
- Strong IT/Systems & Excel knowledge
- Methodical and organised mind set
- Hands on attitude & ability to get on with tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a supervisory role and as part of a team
- Qualified is desirable but not essential
Even though this is a part time role, this role is suited for someone with drive and ambition, as the company is entering a rapid period of growth. This job is for someone looking take a step back.
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward!
Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.
- Management Accounts