JOB TITLE: Financial Controller
COMPANY: Alltruck Plc
SALARY: Based on Experience
LOCATION: Croft, Leicestershire
Introduction to Company:
Based in the East Midlands, Alltruck plc are specialists in Contract Hire, Truck Rental, Fleet Management and Workshop Service and Maintenance. With well-established and high-end customers, we pride ourselves on the great level of customer service and the support we provide. Above all it is our people that set us apart from our competitors.
We were established in 1990 and our company has seen quite a few changes and expansions since. One thing that has always remained unchanged is our values; Committed to Caring for Customers (& Colleagues) by being Passionate, Progressive & Proactive. Our values influence our actions, our thinking and our decisions, and allow us to grow and succeed.
Alltruck plc have a very exciting opportunity for a driven and focused Financial Controller to join and lead the finance team. Within the scope of work, you will be responsible for the accuracy and consistency of management accounts and reporting. You will manage and delegate duties to members of staff within the finance department to ensure the highest standard and accuracy of work is produced.
You will be expected to work within the Senior Management Team, alongside this you will work closely with the Directors in the strategic planning of the businesses, providing information wherever necessary to assist in achieving the goals and targets as set by the company. The role demands a high level of accuracy as well as good people management and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing, motivating and developing the Finance team
- Managing the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and relevant variance analysis in line with reporting Deadlines. Develop flash reports for operational management
- Developing and maintaining a system of controls over accounting transactions. Ensure all financial controls within the business are adhered to. Highlight areas for increased controls, generate business "buy in", and implement the controls as necessary
- Providing clear and concise financial information to Senior Management to support commercial and operational decisions
- Proactively work on the successful implementation of the new company wide system, particularly from an Accounts perspective, and embed new processes as needed
- Managing the reconciliation process of the Balance Sheet and other key reporting
- Management of daily financial operations, including working capital
- Calculating and issuing financial and operating metrics
- Risk analysis on the P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and other reporting statements
- To identify and manage financial risk and issues and respond with solutions
- Ensuring Company policies and procedures are followed and updated to remain robust
- To ensure all statutory deadlines are met including yearly end accounts, VAT returns etc
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders including Auditors, Insurance, Banking and funders
- CIMA or ACCA qualified, or other relevant accounting body
- Must hold a full driving license, with the ability to travel across multiple sites.
- Minimum of 4 years post-graduation experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent organisational skills and promote accountability within the department.
- Have experience of leading both strategic and operational teams
- Be commercially astute
- Possess strong IT, analytic and modelling skills
- Be an effective communicator (verbal & written) across all levels of the organisation
- Be able to influence at all levels
- Have the ability to stay calm under pressure, prioritise and ensure project and task completions
- Have experience of dealing with customers and queries
- Be organised, systematic and process driven
- Keep up to date with relevant aspects of accounting techniques and current legislative changes
- Seek feedback and react positively, taking action to develop skills
- Be a good team player working towards a common goal
- Have a positive attitude and enthusiasm for our work
- Be self-confident, polite, and courteous with a customer friendly approach and manner
- Be energetic, highly motivated and have an enquiring mind with a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
You will be comfortable to work at other East Midlands locations
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Private Healthcare
- Mobile Phone
If your application is successful then you will be contacted to conduct a telephone interview.
We will be legally obliged to check your eligibility to work in the UK. Please check your eligibility before applying and ensure that you can provide the appropriate original documents.
Discovery are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.