Our client is a VC-backed innovative first mover based in Shoreditch that provides reliable data on African businesses to some of the continent's most reputable investment firms, global corporates, professional advisories and African companies. Due to rapid expansion they are now looking to recruit a bright and ambitious qualified Accountant to implement and establish robust financial systems, processes and controls whilst overseeing all aspects of accounting and finance for the business, growing the finance team and working closely with the CEO on commercial projects to facilitate further growth.
As this is a newly created role you will be given the autonomy to establish and grow the finance team as you see fit and your primary duties will cover:
- Monitoring the entire financial side of the business including P&L, performance metrics and analysis of quarterly KPIs;
- Producing periodical financial statements for presentation to Management and the Board;
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances while evaluating profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organisation as needed;
- Hands-on accounting work processing invoices, chasing payments and running the payroll;
- Assist with any further investment rounds;
- Assess new market potential and produce forecasts for expansion into new territories such as the Middle East and Asia.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity to make your mark with a dynamic market innovator at an exciting time of growth. You will need to be a qualified accountant with experience working in a start-up/fast paced growing business and you will ideally have experience working in an SaaS/Subscription-based business.
What's on offer?
- Unique opportunity to become a key figure in one of Africa’s leading start-up brands;
- Flexibility to implement and lead a long-term financial strategy;
- Quick progression path to CFO;
- Starting salary up to 50k + Bonus + Stock options;
- Regular training on product, financial management and industry themes;
- Direct access to the company’s senior management and founders;
- A location in the heart London’s tech scene.
Interviews are ongoing so apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job