OneChocolate communications is a boutique agency with expertise in B2B and consumer communications and with offices in London, Munich, Paris and San Francisco. In business since 1992, it is managed by its two founder directors and has around 50 employees worldwide.
We are seeking a financial controller for 9 months starting mid-May to cover our current FC who will be going on maternity leave.
As Financial Controller you will be a commercially aware self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment. In addition to owning the UK finance function and providing support and advice to the international finance team, you will be responsible for the UK office infrastructure including HR, IT and administration.
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Maintaining financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Managing cash flow and negotiating favourable terms with new and existing suppliers
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns and annual P11D returns
- Filing annual company return and maintaining statutory documents
- Assisting the external group accountant in preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax returns
- Overseeing the outsourced Payroll process
- Keeping up to date with current HR legislation and updating staff as required
- Assisting in all agency recruitment
- Developing and managing internal systems for budgeting client campaigns, time forecasting and reporting
- Assisting the PR teams in budgeting client campaigns, negotiating fees and client contracts
- Working with our outsourced IT resource to maintain and improve the agency’s technology
- Managing our office administrator to ensure the smooth day to day running of the office
- Provide support to the international finance team
- Accountancy qualified (or Qualified by experience)
- A track record of working in a PR (or similar) agency or a genuine desire to work with a bunch of diverse individuals whose areas of expertise and priorities can be so different to your own!
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and keep to deadlines
- A passion for accuracy
- Good communication and team management skills
- Sage Line 50