Financial Controller - £80-90k - London
Rapidly expanding sports media client who have grown to almost a hundred people in just a couple of years of trading, require a Financial Controller to join their London based HQ. The role will play a key part in the continued commercial success of the business, giving strategic advice to senior stakeholders as well as managing the day to day financial activities of the group.
The business are a unique and innovative digital football platform who give fans the opportunity to see their favourite players and clubs behind the scenes. They have received unprecedented support from the football community and shareholder clubs include a number of leading Premier League clubs and European giants. The Financial Controller will be their first full time permanent hire in finance, it’s an exciting number 1 in finance role in a business who are highly ambitious and growing globally.
- Leading the finance function across the group, reporting directly into the Exec Chairman and Chief of Staff
- Providing commercial and strategic support to leadership
- Monthly reporting and board reporting across UK and overseas entities.
- Leading the business structuring and quarterly/yearly budgeting and forecasting process
- Developing a strong understanding of the business model and the challenges that it will face, and provide advice on how to manage those challenges
- Providing monthly management accounts including KPIs in a timely manner to allow for appropriate business decisions to be made
- Support the leadership with supplier contract negotiation and procurement matters
- Recruit and build a finance team in line with group requirements
- Management of the payroll and VAT functions of all group entities and submission of monthly returns.
- Ensuring all day to day accounting functions are managed, including journals and payments
- Liaising with auditors and other key stakeholders in the business
- Ad hoc reporting as required by management
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant with substantial post qualified experience.
- Strong experience of financial control and management reporting
- A keen interest in Football.
- Experience of working within sport, technology, media, digital or entertainment sectors.
- Confident, approachable and committed
- Keen to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment which is not your usual 9-5
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job