Financial Control Manager
Our client is a Financial Services organisation based in London city. An opportunity has arisen in the Corporate Treasury Financial Control team for an effective MI Controller to form part of the team responsible for the P&L MI reporting and the management, control and MI of the FX Exposure. The role includes calculating FX hedges required to hedge the bank's exposure including that generated by our overseas legal entities in addition to understand the divisional and Group FX Exposure which is reported to the PRA. The candidate must have a strong Financial Control background and a good understanding of FX Exposure and FX products. This is a 6 month contract.
Financial Control Manager Accountabilities
- Working within a small team, the individual part of the team responsible for the daily and monthly consolidated P&L reporting including the production of flash P&Ls,
- Running the weekly P&L meeting.
- Management and reporting of the division's FX Exposure including the production of the monthly COREP report.
- Ownership of the daily FX Exposure process for the Treasury Oracle ledger.
- Responsible for the production of the monthly and quarterly FX exposure returns
- Involved in the hedging of divisional FX Exposure and the FX exposure of foreign subsidiaries.
Financial Control Manager Skills
- Qualified Accountant with financial services experience
- Detailed working knowledge of the Treasury Oracle and SAP general ledgers and Business Objects.
- A working understanding of financial products (specifically Foreign Exchange, interest rate derivatives and securities), product lifecycle events, how to accounted for these products and key controls supporting these products.
- Knowledge of currency exposure reporting in addition to regulatory disclosure and reporting requirements surrounding currency exposure.
- An understanding of the impact of hedge accounting on currency exposure.
- Working knowledge of IFRS9 with experience of FVTPL, FVTOCI, Amortised Cost categories