Ashberry Recruitment are looking for an enthusiastic, bright Finance Assistant to join their Burnley based engineering specialist.
Diligently and professionally support the Company in accurately recording and reporting all financial information in accordance with industry standards, regulatory requirements and corporate policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with both staff and external suppliers to ensure the provision of a quality and cost-effective service
- Processing of sales/purchase invoices in the production system and transferring data to Sage accounting software.
- Preparing batch controls and reconciling to the control accounts.
- Preparation of weekly sales figures report and sending to Department Managers.
- Assisting with credit control
- Entering receipts and payments in Sage and reconciliation of the bank account.
- Attending daily/weekly departmental meeting to achieve quality standards.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of financial systems and processes
- Ensure all related business working practices and communication framework is adhered to, paying particular attention to Safety, Quality, Cost, Deliver and People whilst also working within any defined standards (legal, Company, Customer).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively,
- High level of numerical and literacy
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organising and prioritising with great attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and develop initiative and pride.
- Can work on own or as part of a team
- Previous Finance/Accounts experience
- Displays a positive mental attitude, always can do
Monday to Thursday: 8:00am - 4.30pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12.15pm
Total of 35 hours per week
£8.13 - £8.81 per hour
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job