We are looking for a Financial Assessments Assistant, initially for a period of 3 months on a temporary basis in the County Council offices in One Angel Square Northampton. The main duties will involve contacting adult social care customers to arrange appointments for telephone financial assessments, logging and scanning post, dealing with customer queries and other administration tasks as detailed below:
- Provide operational services within the Financial Assessments Teams for LGSS. Responsible for ensuring that efficient, accurate and timely end-to-end processes are adhered to.
- Respond to and resolve service requests and queries ensuring operational service priorities are met, through ownership and adhering to agreed service standard and according to operational procedures. Escalate any complaints in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Support system implementations including conducting system testing and assisting with the delivery of training to staff on new system processes.
- Work as part a team supporting your colleagues including providing support and guidance to Apprentices to a high standard.
- Work collaboratively on projects that support developments and improvements for the Financial Assessments Service in a professional and positive way.
- Liaise with Senior Officers and the wider Management team, where necessary, to ensure customers receive the appropriate level of advice and support on issues that require resolution.
- Manage own workload, processing high quality information and data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Embed customer service excellence, demonstrating a commitment to delivering a customer focused service through active participation in one-to-one meetings / the PADP process and own behaviours.
- Demonstrate awareness / understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the business.
- Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
If this role is of interest to you please apply and if you have relevant skills and experience we will be in touch shortly.
- Customer Service
- Resolving Issues