Specialist transport company KB Event Ltd are looking for an ambitious individual to join our finance team. This exciting new role is a fully supported apprenticeship through which the successful candidate will strive to gain an accounting qualification. Although no accounting experience is necessary, the role demands accuracy, a desire to follow a career in an accounting function and a 100% commitment to The Company whilst it supports the Apprentice through their studies. In addition, the role requires punctuality, flexibility, and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
Based at out Nottingham head office in Pinxton, and a crucial part of our Finance team, the role will be responsible for producing weekly MI for the Board based on the Company’s costs and income in relation to its productivity. An analytic mind and outstanding attention to detail are a must, together with excellent time management skills. In addition, the role will be required to work closely with the other functions of the Finance department, and the wider business, with responsibility for sales ledger and credit control.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Download and analyse cost reports and allocate costs to relevant cost centres
- Analyse other costs and allocate to different departments.
- Navigate and evaluate the Purchase Order books and apportion costs
- Apportion and allocate revenues, in relation to costs, and relate to relevant periods
- Raising of invoices and chasing outstanding debtor balances, ensuring that all amounts are paid within agreed payment terms
- Maintain cash flow with regards to outstanding balances and keep up to date with credit control
- Send out client statements and assist in the resolution of customer queries
- Setting up customer accounts on our computerised accounts system, including performing a credit check and requesting references
- Maintenance of own filing systems
- Assist in the collation of Month end reports for finance department.
- Assist in any other ad-hoc duties that the Head of Finance requires assistance with.
Skills Required :
- Ideally with an A-level, or other appropriate qualification, in Accounting
- Commitment to gain a qualification in accountancy
- Highly numerate with a desire to develop a career Finance
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organisational skill
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Capability to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, both within the finance department and the wider Company
Applications with only be considered if applied for in writing.
- Credit Check
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'