Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful Financial Analyst II to support our UK and German Sort Centre business. Amazon transportation is continuously innovating on behalf of our customers to deliver more selection, more quickly and at lower prices. In this role, you will drive profitability and customer experience by directly impacting the development, planning, and execution of our transportation network, specifically focusing our sort center network.
The role will require quickly learning and fully grasping the business’s economics to understand the big picture, gaining proficiency in our data systems to capture the right details, and communicating clearly and succinctly to effectively partner with business leaders and influence decisions. Given the nature of our business, you will have to venture into unknown territory, and help the team learn how to succeed in new spaces by building things from scratch as we expand in both countries over the next few years.
· Extracting, combining, and summarizing data to analyze the financial impact of new initiatives, and effectively communicating key findings to senior leadership to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions
· Working closely with site leaders, senior operation managers and finance teams across transportation, fulfillment, supply chain, and technology teams to reduce costs while improving customer experience
· Building forecasting and financial models in order to find the best ways to optimize and influence our German and UK network
· Developing metrics and reports to provide controllership and management oversite to new programs
· Management of CAPEX, month-end closing and financial operating planning with your team
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or a related field with an analytical focus
· Experience performing financial or other quantitative analyses
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
· Fluent in English
· Demonstrated financial and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
· Solid experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"