An interesting and varied finance business partnering opportunity has arisen within this international manufacturing organisation, who have a long standing and historic rooting in Kelso, a small town based in the Scottish Borders.
This is a pivotal role in which the successful individual will represent finance, working as part of a broader team responsible for the delivery of services to customers. The role will be heavily involved in finance whilst supporting operational/project managers and engineers with meaningful and insightful financial reports to drive better performance on margin, cost and profitability.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for a variety of financial activities, including product costing and pricing, sales and margin forecasting, analysis of customer margins, costs, and key balance sheet metrics, and financial risk avoidance.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Take ownership, manage and analyse the financial results for an allocated portfolio of customers, with particular focus on margin interrogation and pricing.
- Planning and implementing a cost recovery model when designing/manufacturing a customer product incurring significant costs, minimizing risk.
- Business partner with colleagues in your team and the wider business as necessary to ensure depth of understanding, continuous improvement and best practice
- Ensure a sound understanding of customer contracts, commercial and financial implications (including IFRS) and their pricing models.
- Prepare and present monthly sales forecasts
- Perform historical margin and cost analysis as necessary
- New product costing
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities through lean initiatives
- Work with the Customer Director and Program Manager to ensure correct implementation date of customer approved pricing and load into ERP system in accordance with corporate procedures.
What skills, experience and qualifications does the role require?
- The preference is to appoint a fully qualified accountant (CA/ACA/CIMA/ACCA). Part qualified and qualified by experience individuals who have the relevant skills and experience should also apply.
- We are looking to identify a strong and confident communicator, someone who will enjoy liaising with cross functional departments on a daily basis. Someone with the ability to build relationships and influence their audience.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel with the ability to analyse large sets of complex financial data
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to explain and present financial results in simple terms to a non-finance audience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a matrix team environment
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
What salary and benefits are being offered in return?
Salary will be in line with experience and qualification - typically £32,000-£40,000, but for someone with exceptional experience or who has worked at a Financial Controller level previously and now wishes to move from the more statutory accounting, financial reporting duties into a Financial Analysis/Business partnering role - salary region £45,000 + benefits.
30 days holiday inclusive of 8 statutory days. There are 4 fixed days being 1st January, 2nd January, 25th December and 26th December. The other holidays are flexible.
Pensions: The company operate a Group Personal Pension Plan and a separate Auto-enrolment Plan. All employees are eligible to join the Group Personal Pension Plan, and the Employee Contribution is a minimum 3% of gross pay. Employer Contributions for salaried roles is 5% of annual pay.
A relocation package will also be paid where applicable.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 8am-1pm (39 hours)
- Advanced Excel
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Analysis
- Profit Margins
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"