SF Group are currently recruiting for a Commercial Financial Analyst for an SME retail business which is going through a period of rapid growth. This is a newly created role to support this growth to improve customer profitability and improve time spend communicating insight and manipulating data.
As the Commercial Financial Analyst you will be reporting directly into the Finance Director, to deliver the highest quality reporting and analysis to support the business
- Design and propose new approaches to data analysis and outputs to deliver efficiency and decision support
- Investment appraisal - planning and monitoring to ensure investments and expenditure yield the highest possible return (new stores, marketing, warehouse etc.)
- Consider and implement methods of automating regular analysis
- Work with the finance team to ensure all system generated data is fit for analytical purposes
- Anticipate, answer and provoke key questions
You will be a qualified accountant/ part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with previous experience of working in a commercial finance role. You will have commercial acumen, with the ability to communicate complex financial models to non financial people. You will be bright, enthusiastic and solutions focused with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects. You will have advanced Excel, and ideally have experience of Analytics packages (e.g. Power BI).
This role has wide exposure across the business including the SLT, Sales, Marketing and Product teams, as well as stores and the warehouse. You will have direct exposure to the CEO to support business growth, and has the opportunity to grow and develop into a future CFO or Commercial Director.
There is huge scope with this role, as the role is new and a blank canvas so there is the opportunity for you to make the role your own and make a name for yourself in a short amount of time.
If this sounds like the commercial exposure you are looking for in a role, then please apply now for immediate consideration.