Fast growing FMCG Organisation is currently seeking a part qualified Finance Analyst on a 12 month plus assignment. Primary areas of analysis will be customer pricing, promotional review, analysis and approval, customer/brand profitability analysis and monitoring advertising and promotional spend.
Duties of the Financial Analyst include:
Support the Commercial Accountant in providing the business with insightful brand and customer profitability analysis
Carry out post-promotional evaluations
Analysis and review of trade promotional spends, understanding current activities, accruals and cost rising to ensure accurate trade spend accounting
Customer price changes review
A&P investment spend reviews, both pre and post the agreed spends. New product development financial reviews for profitability versus current business
Monitoring of future A&P forecasts and projections to ensure A&P spends are in line with forecasts and budgets
Month-end accounting support particularly around A&P accruals and accounting, and month-end reporting and analysis for the local business and head office team in Mumbai
Ad hoc financial accounting and reporting support to the Finance team as requested by Financial Accountant and the Finance Manager.
Work on Excel models for analysis and reporting. Production of routine reporting on a weekly/monthly basis.
Key finance user of business’s Oracle Demantra forecasting and trade promotional management system, tasks including;
- Reviewing promotions for approval on that system, looking at compliance with input requirements, brand guidelines, and promotional return on investment.
- Reviewing historical brand P&Ls, examining forward looking brand P&Ls forecasts
- Ensuring data integrity and consistency in Demantra
- A part qualified accountant, ideally going through the qualification process.
- Full understanding of accruals accounting.
- Good commercial understanding, knowledge of sales and marketing activities and terminology within an FMCG environment. Experience of working in an FMCG environment is essential.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Proven practical experience of providing insightful business analysis.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of accounting practices and standards
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job