Financial Analyst - About the role
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the FP&A team that plan, analyse and report the financial, commercial and operational aspects of the company. This role is key in assisting in both the strategic and operational management of the business through reporting, planning and analytical capabilities and by challenging and making appropriate recommendations to the business to optimise operational and financial performance.
The role holder will be a commercially astute ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified finance professional with FP&A experience, gained within a financial services business. Candidates who possess Corporate Finance or Transaction Services experience within practice and seek their first role in industry will also be considered.
You will be proactive in engaging the business, and will maintain an up to date knowledge of the key dynamics, contractual arrangements, strategies plans and initiatives of the business. Providing value added financial insight and support, robustly challenging decision making, and driving continuous improvement in business performance and financial analysis.
The job requires an individual who is dynamic, inquisitive and has personal impact as well as someone who can gain and maintain credibility across the business. Individuals need to be extremely strong communicators and influencers, able to draw out key risks and opportunities from complex business information. This role will allow the successful individual to gain a compressive understanding of the business and industry through building working relationships at all levels within the company.
Financial Analyst - Duties
- To provide high quality financial input to business decision making
- Prepare cost centre reporting and illustrate trends, risks and recommendations
- Develop bespoke reporting and analysis to department heads and cost centre owners
- Generate real insight through proactive analysis and financial modelling to challenge the business in order to maximise both financial and operational efficiencies
- Prepare presentations to leadership teams surrounding results and findings
- Support on sales directors on new initiatives and commercial plans
- Support the business in forecast, budget and strategic planning processes
- Responsible for the delivery of key budget inputs and provide analytical support and challenge
- Required to support delivery of the budget timetable and ensure business deliverables meet senior leader’s expectations
- Understanding monthly management account variances and provide insight, commentary and recommendations to optimise the business cost base
- Continually looking to challenge the business norm and look to deliver continuous process improvements
- Develops solutions to problems and looks to take charge for the implementation and delivery
- Review, analyse, critique and support financial modelling on business cases
- Develop formal and time bound post implementation reviews on projects and bespoke packages
Financial Analyst - Benefits
- Competitive Salary (£45k - £50k) + bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Self-Invested Pension Plan (SIPP)
- Birthday Day
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Eye Care
- Gym Membership
- Discounts Portal
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Financial Analyst - About the Company
Human Capital Partners are working exclusively with a rapidly growing, Private Equity backed business based near Sevenoaks to appoint the Finance Business Partner as part of the FP&A function.
Led by well-respected industry veterans, the business has grown rapidly since its inception in 2014 and now has over 150 employees.
- Annual Budget
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job