Our client is a privately owned, global high street fashion retailer with a strong presence throughout Europe - and a fast-growing one in the Middle East and Australia. Headquartered in London and with a finance function which attracts the best talent in the industry, they are meeting the demands of a changing industry and as such, the position of Financial Analyst is now available - a brand new role - reflecting the growth of the finance function and business respectively. This role will partner with the Brands and commercial teams on the analysis of sales, stock and margin from a commercial perspective.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in delivering the buy budget process, helping to deliver understanding and development of the process through a weekly sales and margin tracker and seasonal and financial view. Moreover, you will deliver core financial processes such as management accounts, forecasting and planning cycles.
Core responsibilities include
- Decision making - deliver clear process for stock purchase, provide analysis and clarity on key risks and opportunities
- Provide support, challenge and drive for all decision making forums, be an influencer on trading decisions for near-term and medium-long term
- Planning, budgeting, forecasting - run the buy budget process, provide relevant buy budget and commercial inputs for financial planning processes
- Provide strategic planning support and challenge Brands DD's
- Provide analysis and clarity on key risks and opportunities
- Give support to systems, process - improving them with clear accountability across the business, and provide scenario-based forecast modelling to shape the future
- Newly qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Commercial finance experience in a retail business is preferred, however newly qualified ACA's from Top 10 accountancy firms with commercial acumen and audit experience within Commerce & Industry clients will also be absolutely considered - with an opportunity to progress to Finance Manager
- An exceptional communicator with a commercial mindset and strong soft skills to communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance.
- Exceptional Communicator
- Financial Analysis
- Budget Process
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"