My client are a vibrant and rapidly expanding property development business. The purpose of the business is seek out exciting development opportunities to expand their leisure and hospitality property network. With new development projects being assessed every day they are looking for an experienced finance analyst to join their capital projects team.
This team partner with all areas of development, investment, design, architecture and ensure each project is on budget and managed efficiently. The role involves business partnering to the acquisition and development teams as well as for financial accounting and reporting in the development process.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Financial support for the Investments team, Architecture, Design and Development teams.
- Provide meaningful data to aid decision making .
- Provide actual spend and track cash spend and work in progress (WIP) against budgets and forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements for the development entities.
- Drive financial process within the business, challenge the development teams to ensure they are aware and accountable for budgets.
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns, CIS and Tax, ensure filing is complete for each project.
This is a varied role where you will have a portfolio of work you are managing at any one time. Ideal candidates will be studying towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) with relevant practical experience. The client is looking for candidates with a strong academic profile and a desire to develop their practical skills and studies. Experience of the construction / real estate sector would be an advantage.