The Financial Advisory Services (FAS) team is a rapidly growing, award winning and global group. You will be joining a team at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and national creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a wide range of financial issues. Our FAS specialists support clients with raising finance for large infrastructure projects, advise on corporate acquisitions (both in the UK and cross border), restructure businesses to secure livelihoods and act as experts on high profile international investigations and disputes.
As part of our unique FAS training programme, you will be offered the opportunity to rotate through various Business Units within our market leading team. Our Business Units are as follows:
- The Forensic and Investigation Services (FIS) team work on assignments with a variety of clients in different sectors including; oil & gas, shipping, mining, telecommunications, intellectual property and royalties, pharmaceuticals and financial services (including insurance).
- The Deal Advisory, Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) team guides clients through a wide range of critical business transactions. Our advisory team focusses on originating transactions, structuring, negotiating and managing deals for a diverse variety of clients.
- The Deal Advisory, Due Diligence (DD) team supports corporate clients, private equity providers and investment funds through mergers, acquisitions and disposals. Our clients' main objective is to maximise their return on the deal. We help them understand the opportunities and risks of the deal by thoroughly assessing the target company's finances.
- The Restructuring Services (RS) team is a national team of over 100 restructuring, recovery and insolvency professionals dedicated to helping businesses and their stakeholders during times of difficulty.
- The Global Infrastructure Finance (GIF) team provides financial advisory, modelling and training services to the global infrastructure market. The team combines market leading expertise with deep knowledge of our chosen sectors and deliver that capability globally as one team.
As you rotate you will have the opportunity to work across a range of industries from large corporations to owner managed business and private clients. We also advise in many different sectors including retail, manufacturing, engineering, agriculture, technology, media, telecoms, real estate, renewable energy and healthcare, both in the UK and around the world.Job Purpose
As a FAS Trainee, your time would usually be split between working with the team and our clients and studying for your professional exams. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
You will learn to provide high-quality investigations, draft accurate advice, prepare expert reports, models and testimony on financial and accountancy matters. You will develop the capability to advise and help clients buy and sell businesses or raise debt / equity finance. Your involvement will include participation in pitches and proposals through to deal completion. You will have the opportunity to help businesses and their stakeholders by providing advice in respect of business underperformance, or at the early stages of distress, to help achieve the best outcome for creditors as part of an Administration or Liquidation process. These are just some examples of the interesting and varied work we will engage you in during your training with our team.
During your first year you will:
- Spend time with our Audit business, learning the core principles of accountancy.
- Undertake in-depth financial analysis and document reviews, working closely with managers and partners to support the preparation of reports.
- Prepare targeted analysis of data under supervision of project managers.
- Complete independent verification of expert reports to ensure that all facts and figures therein agree to supporting documents and effectively communicate any identified issues to the project team.
- Assist managers and partners by preparing tables, charts, exhibits and appendices for inclusion in reports.
- Develop an understanding of a variety of financial and accounting disputes and the nature of businesses in numerous sectors.
- Be able to identify relevant information and critically analyse the information to support the project team.
- Produce high quality research / presentation packs for meetings with existing and prospective clients including market and deal research, valuation multiples and potential buyers / acquisition targets.
- Help support the team in the execution of transactions; including being able to obtain relevant information and assisting in drafting sales marketing documents / pitch documents.
- Assist on building financial models and undertaking financial analysis.
- Take ownership of key administration tasks across all aspects of a deal and business development / marketing activities.
- Undertake in-depth financial analysis and document reviews, working closely with managers and partners to support the preparation of financial due diligence reports.
- Be able to obtain relevant information from targets whilst also building rapport with clients.
- Assist experienced colleagues with the management of their portfolio of insolvency and bankruptcy cases, including matters of asset realisation, learning to appropriately apply statutory forms and maticulously comply with statutory procedures.
During your second year you will:
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'