- Can you talk competently about retirement planning and the options available to someone with company and personal pensions?
- Do you want to work for a company who provide all your appointments and actively discourage new business activities?
- Would you like access to a team of paraplanners who will complete all your financial reports?
- Can you demonstrate an ability to hit KPIs?
- Do you have a track record of success in financial services?
- North West London,
- South London (Kingston upon Thames including Reigate/Crawley area)
- South East Area (Sevenoaks, Maidstone/Ashford and Tunbridge Wells)
Salary: Competitive Salary (based on experience) Excellent levels of commissions and extensive benefits.
Our client is an established leading provider of financial services in the workplace with a nationwide presence.
To provide strategic asset allocation advice to private individuals in relation to the fee-based Discretionary Managed Portfolio Services. Provide a first class service to generate new client mandates and servicing the existing client base to maintain/increase assets under management.
- Carry out a comprehensive fact-find via completion of an Investment Planning Questionnaire and through appropriate questioning, gain a full understanding of the aspirations, needs and investment objectives of the individual
- Risk profile the investor in accordance with the company’s Risk Profile Questionnaires
- Produce a comprehensive Investment Planning Report detailing relevant fact-find information, the advantages and disadvantages of present investment arrangements, provide a recommended investment strategy using the company’s discretionary portfolio management service, set out the rationale behind any recommendation to sell designated investments, explain cash-ceding of portfolios and the processes necessary to encash existing investments tax efficiently, detail all fees and charges
- Provide guidance on Company Share Schemes including tax efficient exit strategies
- Provide pension planning advice and consider the appropriateness of utilising a self-invested personal pension (SIPP) for new pension contributions and for consolidation (transfer) of legacy arrangements
- Provide comprehensive Pension Income Options advice including; annuities, capped and flexible income drawdown, and phased retirement strategies
- Understand and be able to explain in generic terms the merits and detractions of all investment types
- Be able to explain effectively the benefits of discretionary portfolio management against other investment options available
- Good knowledge of personal taxation; in particular, income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Understand and be able to demonstrate the benefits of utilising available tax reliefs, where appropriate
- Understand and be able to assess suitability of available pension income options including annuities, phased retirement and income drawdown
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment, role of the Financial Conduct Authority, money laundering regulations and data protection
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Accurate and numerate
- Drive and initiative to work on own or as part of a team
- Working knowledge of computer based applications such as Word and Excel
- Understand the implications of current pension legislation
- Understand and be able to calculate allowable pension contributions taking into consideration existing pension arrangements
- Understand and be able to calculate the effects of pension contribution tax relief on an individual’s tax computation
- Explain and understand the differences between all the various pension schemes available and provide guidance on suitability
- Be able to explain the benefits, merits and detractions of a self-invested personal pension
- Understand the current rules applying to approved and unapproved company share schemes
- Competent Adviser Status
- Registered FCA Controlled Function 30 (Investment Adviser)
- Relevant FCA approved qualification - minimum
- SPS held including specialism in Packaged Products
- JO5, AF3 or G60 - preferable
- Results focused
- Motivated to deliver
- Can do attitude
- Client focused
- Result Oriented
- Technically Competent
- Competent Adviser Status
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job