We are currently recruiting for a successful IFA practice based in Kent who are looking for a Financial Adviser to join their growing team.
Summary of role:
The purpose of the role is to provide a financial advisory service to existing and prospective clients. This is to be done competently within FCA rules and the firm’s procedures. The Wealth Planning Adviser is to promote the company as a provider of quality financial solutions within the parameters of the FCA’s Commitments and Rules and to contribute positively to the firm’s commercial goals and objectives.
- Agree a business development plan with the Director of Distribution to ensure the firm’s qualitative and quantitative commercial goals are realised.
- Identify and establish contact with potential clients.
- Review existing clients’ objectives and circumstances in line with any Partnership Service Agreement and address as appropriate.
- In all cases, take all reasonable steps to obtain the required information to enable a full analysis of a client’s needs to be conducted; ensure the necessary whole of market research is carried out to construct suitable recommendations and solutions; ensure reports and recommendations are produced to meet the firm’s standards and ensure solutions agreed with the client are implemented.
- Ensure that the firm’s high standards of client care are met by demonstrating competence in all stages of the advisory process and operating at all times within the rules documented in the firm’s compliance and financial advice procedures.
- Ensure that all associated administration is completed in an effective and accurate manner to meet the firm’s record keeping and file quality requirements.
- Develop appropriate relationships with professional introducers and connections.
- Comply at all times with the requirements of the FCA Principles, Rules and Statements of Principle and Code of Practice for Approved Persons.
- To maintain a Statement of Professional Standing from an approved accredited body at all times.
- To comply with the requirement to protect clients’ data in line with Data Protection Regulation.
- Comply at all times with the Compliance and Training and Competence procedures of the firm.
- Act as an ambassador for the business with clients, potential clients, professional connections and external influences demonstrating high professional standards, honesty and integrity.
Key qualities, skills and knowledge required:
- Must hold a relevant approved qualification for delivering financial advice and be committed to obtaining further qualifications in subjects appropriate to the role as necessary.
- Ensure competence is attained within the prescribed timescale by undertaking the relevant training programme and additional development activities as required by the company.
- Ensure competence is maintained by regularly reviewing own Continuing Professional Development and training needs (knowledge, skills and behaviours) and, in conjunction with the T&C Manager / Director of Distribution, addressing those needs in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Maintain performance and quality standards as outlined in the T&C Scheme.
- Keep up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
Ideally hold chartered status or be working towards this and have been in the industry for at least 5 years and have a strong knowledge base.
Good package and benefits to the right candidate. This very much depends on knowledge and experience. The candidate will not be required to bring clients with them.
- Financial Advice
- Financial Planning
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'