Our client is a well-established Financial Services business with an excellent reputation across the Midlands. In business since the 1980’s, the company has grown significantly throughout this period and continues to provide their clients with unrivalled support and expertise.
The business is now responsible for more than £600 million in assets and are looking to add a new Financial Administrator.
Working in a team under the guidance of the Head of Financial Administration the role of the Financial Administrator is to understand and undertake the following tasks:
- Maintain a full and efficient diary system whilst monitor own work flow and prioritisation of outstanding work.
- Fully and accurately recording telephone conversations and maintain spreadsheet records
- General administration duties e.g. photocopying, post, maintain paper and electronic filing systems
- Maintain an understanding of current pension legislation
- Ensure compliance with HMRC, legislative and internal procedures as well as FCA regulations, Anti Money Laundering requirements, TCF and Data Protection issues
- Communicating with clients, financial advisors, solicitors, accountants, H M Revenue & Customs, fund managers, insurance companies and other professional connections by letter, telephone, e-mail and fax.
- Maintenance of office petty cash and receipts
- Collate and maintain legitimate VAT and tax invoices and records
- Completion of quarterly returns and liaising with clients and professional connections regarding VAT and tax reclaim queries
- Operation of payroll system, payment of net pensions and issue of payslips; payment of PAYE tax and Year end PAYE returns
- Liaising with clients and professional connections regarding payroll queries
- Assist the Head of Financial Administration in collation of information for the annual Pension Scheme Returns.
- A knowledge or experience working with Payroll or VAT returns would be good but not essential.
- IT literate
- Good personal organisational skills with the ability to prioritise their own workload
- Proactive, enthusiastic and driven approach
- Analytical with good attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to prescribed deadlines
- Strong numeracy skills
- Vat Returns