Financial Accounts Assistant
Vargo is recruiting for a Financial Accounts Assistant for a large established business based in the centre of Cardiff. The Finance department is growing rapidly and they are looking for an experienced candidate to join their team. In this varied role, you will be reporting directly to the Finance Manager.
- Preparation of weekly supplier payment runs
- Administration of purchase ledger processes and procedures
- Preparation of control accounts for bank accounts, purchase ledger control and other allocated control accounts.
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of cost centre reconciliation and attendance of meetings with budget holders
- Assist in the preparation of all costs and accruals as per the monthly timetable.
- Review and challenge invoice charges and ensure coding is correct within the ledger
- Assistance with stock month end accounting process.
- Assistance with intercompany recharge and reconciliation process
- Primary contact with suppliers/ stores for invoice queries
- Preparation of month end journals
- Assistance in the reconciliation of branch stocktake results
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
- Previous experience in accounts environment
- Previous practical experience of using Excel spreadsheets in a Finance environment.
- Previous experience of financial systems.
- Minimum degree educated (or equivalent)
- Microsoft Excel
- Good understanding of double entry principles
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills
- Analytical approach - good attention to detail
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job